My Life Verse

I live by the following scripture
Daily: "I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me" ~Philippians 4:13

Welcome to my Blog!



The creation of this blog is part of my final Communications Capstone COM480 course at Ashford University. This is my final course at Ashford University!! So as I begin the journey of creating my very own blog I am filled with both excitement and nervousness. While I love to write, the idea of being critiqued by others is a bit intimating.

As I got started on google blogger, I was happy to find that creating a blog is not quite as difficult as I thought it would be. However, I am aware I have much to learn. In his article, “7 Elements to make your Blog Look Great” Martin gives some great pointers. He states good blogs should have structure, balance, color, clarity and emphasis, functionality, remarkability, and small detail (Martin, 2014). To get myself started, I choose a layout that is not too busy but had enough fields to provide both structure and balance so that the reader’s eyes would not be overloaded.

I chose a color that represents me: Pink. 



The color pink is nurturing, soothing, intuitive and insightful and positive. “Color has a powerful subconscious effect on every part of our lives, without even saying a word; an understanding of color meanings in business gives us an invaluable tool to get the best response to our marketing and promotional efforts and ultimately to create a successful business” (Scott-Kemmis, 2009-2016). It was interesting to learn that color choices can affect the way people feel when reading your blog.  


Currently, my blog is just in the beginning stage. I likely will make edits each week as I add new blogs and gadgets to add clarity and emphasis to draw the readers’ eyes in. As new bloggers, I think we should all consider the message we want to send our readers and how we want them to feel after reading our blog’s. Through my research, I learned that layout, color and structure can mean the difference of someone reading your blog or bypassing it for another.  I want my readers to receive a positive vibe after reading my blogs and take away something insightful which will be useful to them in their day to day or future communications with others.

                                      


Sources:

Martin, M. (June 26). 7 Elements to Make you Blog Look Great. Pro Blog Design. Retrieved from http://www.problogdesign.com/design/7-elements-to-make-your-blog-look-great/

(2009-2016). The Color Pink. Retrieved from http://www.empower-yourself-with-color-psychology.com/color-pink.html

No comments:

Post a Comment