My Life Verse

I live by the following scripture
Daily: "I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me" ~Philippians 4:13

It is Graduation Time…


 

When we all embark on new journeys with excitement.  As working adults we enroll in college excited for change and personal growth.  Some enroll seeking promotion in a career, financial security, new knowledge, and some just enjoy learning.  Along the way we encounter obstacles that bring us through struggle, frustration, stress, and even fear.   Life gets in the way and can distract our goals, for me that distraction was ten years long. But today, I have arrived at the end of my journey and will be graduating with my B.A. in Communication Studies.

We all have heard the saying “Life happens” and it does, but when we look back we realize that everything we have been through plays a role in the development of our personal character and who we are as a person.  It all has purpose.

Influences around us develop our genes and traits. Sometimes these very influences limit us from being able to experience opportunities; but we should always seek to learn, grow and develop.  When we do we will find genes and traits within us that we never knew existed. 

I can’t stress to anyone how important it is to believe in themselves and embark on their journey to fulfill whatever goal it is they have left dormant in the inside.  We can do anything we put our minds to with hard work and perseverance.  It is our choice.  Never let your environment or circumstances hinder your dreams or growth for too long.

We all were created for a specific purpose and I believe we should focus on bettering ourselves and in helping others.  Now that I am graduating, I am excited to find a job within communications that will allow me to serve others and help encourage them to take their first step.  The first step is always the hardest, but just like a baby who just learns to walk, once the first step is taken there is no stopping us.

No comments:

Post a Comment